Tuesday 21 July 2009


Paul Cox, Udder and over

















Paul Cox is an award winning sculptor specializing in mixed Media construction. He was awarded the Henry Moore scholarship to study post graduate sculpture at the Royal Academy Schools, London. His work is now represented internationally in public and private collections. Paul now lives and works in Newhaven.

I am fascinated by drawing and the ability to create an image from lines and marks on paper. I like to experiment with paper and cardboard exploring scale and form, which are translated into more permanent media like ceramic, bronze, steel and wood – enjoying the variety of materials employed in my sculpture like hard metal and soft clay I can realise the sometimes surreal world from within. For me being an artist is a form of constant play and enquiry in many forms on many levels……my work is born from the bonding of internal and external experiences and the conclusion of a piece is the point at which it exists by its self with the artist the link in a process of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment